Purpose: I’m writing this book blog for two reasons. First, I need motivation to read all of the books I’ve accumulated. I’ve run out of shelf space so this is serious. Second, I hope my writing will improve with each post. Thanks for joining me on this venture.
Why Candy Corn? It’s difficult for me to stop eating this treat when there’s a bag in front of me. Just like going to a bookstore; I can’t get enough.
Library Overview: My reading interests are varied as you’ll see from the books I talk about. They include mysteries (nothing too gruesome), travel essays, fiction, Hawaiiana and some biography.
Getting to Know Rob (A work in progress)
- There are 425 books on my Library Thing shelf with more to catalog.
- Coffee is my drink of choice and I hand roast twice weekly.
- I live on
- Long distance ocean swimmer.
- Pescetarian (fish eater) but no meat.
- I have a pet mule that no one rides.
- Former Catholic (no need to explain).
- When in Vegas, I visit their 13 used bookstores.
- I’ve bench pressed 245 pounds.
- My favorite place to be is on an island.
- Sensitive and trusting guy.
- An only child with both parents gone.
- My color chart is Byzantine Winter.
- I hate cold weather.
- Addicted to Hawaiian rainbows.
- Divorced and now partnered to Jeff.
- Being gay took a long time for me to accept.
- Tight hamstrings but I still do yoga
- The ocean is a spiritual place for me.
- I’m sometimes impatient with the journey and want answers now.
- My favorite bookstore is Strand Books in
- I play flute and love theater.
- In my spare time I write Beat of Hawaii.
- My high school library account number was 1492.