Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sydney, Here I Come


For the next week I'll be in Sydney, Australia. It's been almost 3 years since my last visit. We're packing food today for the 10 hour flight from Honolulu.

I have a list of bookstores to visit (which I'll report on later) and plan to take in the museums, Sydney Fish Market, beaches and Opera House. The tickets for shows are so expensive that we're going to see if anything last minute becomes available.

With 20 hours spent in the air over the next week, I've packed some books to read and report on later.


First up is The Lost Dog by Michelle de Krester which was first printed in Australia. After that I'm switching to Dragon House by John Shors from the Library Thing Early Reviewers program. I owe them a review before I get kicked out of the program. The last book, Spinners by Anthony McCarten, comes from New Zealand and is described as a, "kiwi-flavored Garrison Keillor."

I'm almost finished with the book Molokai by Alan Brennert. This will be my first book review and I had planned to release it today. Unfortunately, it's going to have to wait until I return.

A few weeks ago we hiked down to Kalaupapa on Molokai and toured the settlement where the book takes place. I'll share photos with my book review. Having been there recently, the story come alive with each page I read.

G'day for now and look for my first book reviews in about a week (plus a report on Sydney bookstores).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha! Thanks for taking time to talk story. Your comment will be posted soon.

Ho'ola'i na manu i ke aheahe

"The birds poise quietly in the gentle breeze."
Said of those who are at peace with the world, undisturbed and contented.