Friday, January 1, 2010

Favorite Bookmark, January 2010


My January bookmark pick is made from recycled tea bags. It's hand painted by an artist in South Africa as part of the Original T Bag Design project. This organization provides income to 124 people.

Their motto: "When Life Gives You Tea Bags, Make Art."

A Paperback Swap friend gave this to me in a holiday game. I liked it so much that I decided to turn the bookmark into a Christmas tree ornament.

Which brings me to my tree. It's still up on January 1 but today I'll begin the process of packaging the 500 plus ornaments for another year. The longest I've left a tree up is February. I hate for the holiday season to end. Maybe after the tree is put away I'll head to the beach for a long swim.

As we begin the New Year 2010, I wish all of you the best in life and plenty of good books to make the journey one to remember.

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha! Thanks for taking time to talk story. Your comment will be posted soon.

Ho'ola'i na manu i ke aheahe

"The birds poise quietly in the gentle breeze."
Said of those who are at peace with the world, undisturbed and contented.