Monday, February 1, 2010

Musing Mondays: Random Book and Free Naked Roommate

Today we were asked to choose a random book from our shelf and write about it. This was a tough task to do because I really wanted to cheat.

Instead of letting my eyes pick I let my right hand decide. The book it chose is The Naked Roommate by Harlan Cohen.

Okay you're probably thinking this is a walk on the erotic side of life. Actually, it's a college survival guide that I recently found at Hanapepe Library. 

If you're ever on Kauai, be sure to stop and see what treasures people have left behind here. There's an outdoor bookshelf that's open 24/7 and all books are free.

Why did I take The Naked Roommate home? Well, I was a college admission director for 20 years and then an independent college counselor. I decided to take the book and pass it on to someone with children in college or heading there soon.

Would you like this book or do you have questions on college admission?

1.  If you want my copy of The Naked Roommate, leave a comment saying so and I'll draw a lucky winner on February 14. This is a used book in great condition. It has a 2005 copyright and the cover is slightly different from the one pictured. I'll only be able to send this book to addresses in the United States.

2. If you have questions on college admissions, I'm more than happy to answer them if you leave a comment.

I think my right hand did a good job today.

**There were no entries for this book when the deadline passed. The contest is closed and I'll be listing the book on Paperback Swap. If you have any college admission questions please use the, "Contact Me" button at top of page. Thanks!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha! Thanks for taking time to talk story. Your comment will be posted soon.

Ho'ola'i na manu i ke aheahe

"The birds poise quietly in the gentle breeze."
Said of those who are at peace with the world, undisturbed and contented.