Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Deal of the Week: The Man Who Loved Books Too Much

I purchased a new copy this morning of The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Alison Bartlett for $3.09. Considering that Amazon wants $16.47 for the book and Barnes and Noble is asking $19.96, this is my deal of the week.

Details: Paperback Swap is now selling new overstocked books. When I went to add this book to my wish-list on their site, I was told I could buy a new copy. This really made my day because I missed entering Suzanne's contest on Chick with Books.

Price: To get the $3.09 deal it cost 1 credit (otherwise the book was $6.49).

Shipping: $3.45 plus 50 cent transaction fee; total: $7.04.

What's your best deal of the week?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. That does not bode well for my no-book-buying resolution! I will have to pretend I didn't see this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley,

    ...sorry about the temptation. Since starting my book blog (with the purpose of clearing my shelves), I seem to be adding more to my collection...I know I need to stop soon but it's like candy corn...you know?..I can never get enough.

    Aloha from Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on the waiting list for over three months for this book and I think I am still number 6 in line! SO not fair :)

    I look forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly...I'm sure they have more than one copy for sale at this price. My review will probably be in April. Media Mail comes to Hawaii by ship and takes forever. Hope you get your copy soon!

    Aloha from Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I've given you an award, here you go: http://intetextualchronicles.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-very-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I love a deal, so this is good to know.

    As an aside, I was finally going to break down and purchase the e-book version of Confections of a Closet Master Baker yesterday...until I noticed that the publisher has bumped the e-book price up to SEVENTEEN DOLLARS. No thanks!

    Looks like I'll be interlibrary loaning that one after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andi,

    ...Wow...seventeen dollars!! Where's the savings? I don't have an e-reader yet. At least with a book you can pass on to someone else and get credit for another exchange on PBS.

    Hi Kris...thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning. I needed it. We just moved Jeff's Aunt (who raised him) into our home. She's under hospice care and we're feeling run down.

    Best Aloha to both of you,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete

Aloha! Thanks for taking time to talk story. Your comment will be posted soon.

Ho'ola'i na manu i ke aheahe

"The birds poise quietly in the gentle breeze."
Said of those who are at peace with the world, undisturbed and contented.