Friday, March 5, 2010

Finding Bliss

Debbie, the author of readerbuzz, was kind enough to pass the Happy 101 award to me a few weeks ago. My task is to list 10 things that make me happy and then award this to five happy bloggers. Here goes...

Hospice: our 98 year old Aunt who raised my partner just moved in with us to complete her life journey. I'm happy for the support Hospice is giving us...Church: my pastor and his wife have been there every step of the way and their support and friendship is a blessing...Kauai: not only a great place to live but a great place to be for which I am grateful...Muley: our mule is 17 years old with a loving spirit....Celebrations: any holiday or special occasion...Books: the best addiction on earth...Travel: I've been many places and look forward to more; Tasmania is a favorite...Being Followed: when someone subscribes to my blog that's a nice feeling...My Partner: the best guy in the world...Yoga: my favorite spot is at the beach with the sound of waves to guide my meditation.

Now it's time to announce the five happy bloggers I've chosen. Keep in mind I'm a "young" blogger and have many more website discoveries to make.

1. You. That's right. If you're reading this blog I award Happy 101 to you because your presence makes me happy.

2. My first and only re-Tweet: Jill at Fizzy Thoughts (I love her sense of humor).

3. The blogger who inspired me to write my own: Matt at A Guy's Moleskine Notebook. He's someone I would like to meet over coffee and discuss books with. Matt loves Kauai so maybe someday this will happen.

4. My first follower: Molly at My Cozy Book Nook. She's a former New Yorker and I can tell she's a very caring and giving person.

5. International Favorite: Becky at Page Turners lives in Sydney which is one of my favorite cities. She spotlights other bloggers in addition to writing great reviews.
 
My secret to a happy life comes from Shakespeare's Hamlet, "To Thine Own Self Be True." Do that and I guarantee good things will follow.

What's your best advice for a happy life?

7 comments:

  1. Great post! I love your list of things that make you happy. Meditating or doing yoga on the beach sounds so wonderful. When I am at our beach it's usually crowded with kids and dogs running around; not so conducive to solitude :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award - and thank you so much for passing it along. I had no idea that I was your first follower :)

    I have never been fortunate enough to visit Hawaii, but I could think of nothing better than to sit on the beach of Kauai with fellow book lovers discussing literature. That truly would be paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award and thanks for passing it on to me!

    I'm taking a beginner's yoga class this month...my first class is Wednesday night. I took a class years ago and didn't have a good experience, so I'm hoping for a better instructor this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen--One of my yoga classes is at the edge of the beach on a yoga platform under the ironwood trees. No dogs. Very quiet.

    Hi Molly--I didn't know about Google Friend connect until you shared your pic. Some day I'm going to take a book to the beach and read. Normally I jump in and swim over a mile, do some yoga and then leave.

    Hi Jill--I hope you have a better yoga experience this time. The instructor really matters. My best advice is to listen to your body and come out of a stretch if it doesn't feel good.

    Aloha from Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award! I love Jill"s sense of humor too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award Rob, its only 7.00am and that has lready made my day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky..I'm glad I got your day off to a good start!

    Hi Bermudaonion..Thanks for your note. I love how Jill does her FTC too.

    Take Care,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete

Aloha! Thanks for taking time to talk story. Your comment will be posted soon.

Ho'ola'i na manu i ke aheahe

"The birds poise quietly in the gentle breeze."
Said of those who are at peace with the world, undisturbed and contented.