Debbie, the author of readerbuzz, was kind enough to pass the Happy 101 award to me a few weeks ago. My task is to list 10 things that make me happy and then award this to five happy bloggers. Here goes...
Hospice: our 98 year old Aunt who raised my partner just moved in with us to complete her life journey. I'm happy for the support Hospice is giving us...Church: my pastor and his wife have been there every step of the way and their support and friendship is a blessing...Kauai: not only a great place to live but a great place to be for which I am grateful...Muley: our mule is 17 years old with a loving spirit....Celebrations: any holiday or special occasion...Books: the best addiction on earth...Travel: I've been many places and look forward to more; Tasmania is a favorite...Being Followed: when someone subscribes to my blog that's a nice feeling...My Partner: the best guy in the world...Yoga: my favorite spot is at the beach with the sound of waves to guide my meditation.
Now it's time to announce the five happy bloggers I've chosen. Keep in mind I'm a "young" blogger and have many more website discoveries to make.
1. You. That's right. If you're reading this blog I award Happy 101 to you because your presence makes me happy.
2. My first and only re-Tweet: Jill at Fizzy Thoughts (I love her sense of humor).
3. The blogger who inspired me to write my own: Matt at A Guy's Moleskine Notebook. He's someone I would like to meet over coffee and discuss books with. Matt loves Kauai so maybe someday this will happen.
4. My first follower: Molly at My Cozy Book Nook. She's a former New Yorker and I can tell she's a very caring and giving person.
5. International Favorite: Becky at Page Turners lives in Sydney which is one of my favorite cities. She spotlights other bloggers in addition to writing great reviews.
My secret to a happy life comes from Shakespeare's Hamlet, "To Thine Own Self Be True." Do that and I guarantee good things will follow.
What's your best advice for a happy life?