Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Salon: Cozy Mysteries and Return of Candy Corn

Rob's Apple Pie. Want A Slice?
My book reviews are back and so is my homemade apple pie that I just took out of the oven. Pie tip: Add 3 tablespoons of Apricot jam over the apples and the flavor will be more tart. After a two year break I'm writing again and hope that you will follow me. What better time to return than at Halloween for this candy corn loving guy. Speaking of candy corn, it was not sold this year on Kauai. I gave up and ordered from the mainland. Candy corn is my favorite treat when writing book reviews.

New Book Review: Poisoned Prose by Ellery Adams (Win a Copy with a Twist)

Oyster Bay characters are my new best friends. I love cozy mysteries and this was a winner. Read my latest book review and let me know what you thought of this mystery. You can "earn" my gently used copy if you are on Paperback Swap. I have Gold Status and can select who a book goes to. Right now over 90 people want Poisoned Prose. If your name is drawn, and you transfer one book credit to me, I'll be able to move you to the top of the list and send you my gently used copy. It's a new twist on my giveaways when I buy a book that turns out to be in high demand on Paperback Swap. 

Currently Reading: Silent Knife by Shelley Freydont


Christmas Cozy
What a title! And the cover looks cozy with holiday lights and decorated trees. It reminds me of a small town in Pennsylvania where I lived many years ago. This book has put me in the holiday spirit early. I have 200 pages to go and a book review coming soon this week. It's been a fun journey so far. The author has combined a festive atmosphere with an unfortunate murder. Can't wait to see how this one ends!

Why I Took a 2 Year Break from Book Reviews

I've been working hard on my full-time business in PR and Marketing. It's going great but leaves little time for fun things like book blogs and reading. I need to find more balance in life and thought it would be good to start back since I love books. Upcoming posts will also include my travels from Jasper National Park in Canada to Tasmania island off Australia. I also have a lot of bookstores to tell you about. Next year will be my first trip to Scandinavia. If you have any tips for Sweden, Norway and Finland be sure and let me know.

How was your week? I look forward to connecting with new and old ageless friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha! Thanks for taking time to talk story. Your comment will be posted soon.

Ho'ola'i na manu i ke aheahe

"The birds poise quietly in the gentle breeze."
Said of those who are at peace with the world, undisturbed and contented.