Saturday, December 31, 2011

My List For The 2012 TBR Pile Challenge

I've run out of space for my books so this challenge seems like the right choice. Roof Beam Reader has inspired me to pick 12 books that have been on my shelf (or floor) for at least a year and published before 2011. Here's my list so far. Are any of these titles on your TBR list?

1. Still Life by Louise Penny
2. The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl
3. The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett
4. The Fat Mat, A Tale of North Pole Noir by Ken Harmon
5. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
6. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
7. The Blue Boy by Rakesh Satyal
8. The Little Book by Selden Edwards
9. Imaginative Qualities of Actual Things by Gilbert Sorrentino
10. The Tower, The Zoo and The Tortoise by Julia Stuart
11. The Singer's Gun by Emily St. John Mandel
12. Hemingway Deadlights by Michael Atkinson

Sign up closes in just a few hours. I'm running to meet a deadline. That's been my story in 2011!

1 comment:

  1. There are a couple I have read and I dont think they will stay in the TBR pile once you get started - the Alan Bradley, the Louise Penny and the Guernsey Literary one.

    Have a wonderful 2012.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha! Thanks for taking time to talk story. Your comment will be posted soon.

Ho'ola'i na manu i ke aheahe

"The birds poise quietly in the gentle breeze."
Said of those who are at peace with the world, undisturbed and contented.